Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!






It's my mom's birthday today! And so, for her birthday I am going to post a zillion pictures of Grace and Simon! Because I know that grandmas can never get too many pictures!

My mom is so great! I am so thankful to have her and I want to celebrate her life today. My mom is an incredible woman- I've been inspired to see how much she's trusted in God's love and goodness her entire life, but especially since my dad died two and a half years ago. She always sees the glass that is half full, loves to laugh even in the hard times, and continually thanks God for the many blessings in her life. I can't believe how many times she's looked at the bright side of a situation, and always sees those in need. So today, I celebrate your life, mom!

Thanks for being so wonderful mom, so kind and giving and dedicated to your family, God, and the people around you. Thanks for making me always feel loved. Thanks for making me feel like you really liked being my mother! Thanks for always being there- not missing important events, like the birth of my two children. Thanks for helping out in big and little ways and being so dependable. Thank you for giving me the joy of being raised by parents who loved each other and God with all their hearts and minds and soul. Thank you for showing me how to love others. Thanks for giving up the front seat of the car so many times, because you know how car sick I get. Thanks for giving up so many things, so many times, for me and Deb and Rachel.

Thanks for staying so positive about life and people. Thanks for believing in me and teaching me to believe in myself and others. Thanks for being so steady- always there, always trusting in God, sunshine on a rainy day.

I love you mom and hope that you have a wonderful day and an even better year ahead. Wish we were there to celebrate with you.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Aw Lizzie...how sweet of you to say such nice things about me!! I only pray I can live up to half of them! And thanks for the pictures...you are right...best birthday/Mother's Day present ever, especially when you can't be in the same place. Grace certainly is stretching out!! And Simon as cute as ever.
I love you so much...and Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Judith said...

What a great posting! I echo what you said so well about all the wonderful characteristics of your mom, my sister.
Yup, she's a keeper
and so are you
and so is your beautiful family.