Simon rode to daycare aka 'school' with his friend and next door neighbour, Charlie, today. Leesa (Charlie's mom) and I have decided to carpool and even though his school is only a mile from here, it really will be a godsend by the time I interrupt Gracie's sleep, get all in the car, say our goodbyes.... so I'm thrilled it's worked out. Or has worked out on day 1.
I was a bit sad and nostalgic, seeing him drive off in someone else's car, sitting in Charlie's carseat, looking like a preschooler. He looked so sweet- kind of scared but putting on his brave face and suddenly very quiet. He's growing up... where did the time go? Seems like I was just agonizing over getting him to sleep like I'm now doing with our little G-ster. I'm debating about calling daycare to see if he's settling in okay today... when do momma's ever stop thinking about their little boys?
Just got G to sleep- tried for over an hour this morning.... grrr... simon did remarkably well playing alone for most of that time... It's a tough balance of just chilling out and relaxing and perservering to try to get Grace to be a good sleeper. I've about given up. Think I'll either call the sleep school? or just throw in the towel and accept the fact that this is my reality for the next year.
Last night, lying in bed, I just felt so thankful for both of my children and determined to laugh more and just enjoy them more. So here's to a brand new day.
1 comment:
And a brand new day it is!! Hang in there...and do as you suggested...laugh a bit more. It is good for the soul and the heart...and your kids will love you for it!!
Post a Comment