Cooking a Thanksgiving dinner in 100 degree heat with an oven the size of a microwave takes a lot of good planning and a bit of madness, especially as we can't use our oven and the hot plate on top at the same time!
So Erin and I made cornbread for our stuffing last night and cooked the pumpkin to use in the pies (no canned Libby's over here, ya'll!).
Then this morning Simon and I made the pumpkin pies (regular and vegan/gluten free for me!) and the sweet potato casserole. The stuffing is now in the oven and I feel like an oven myself! Sweltering.
On the menu for tonight:
Chicken (We are going to buy a roasted chicken! There's no way I'm cooking meat in the oven for a couple of hours in this heat!)
Cornbread Stuffing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans with lemon, thyme and pine nuts
Corn on the Cob
Jello
Pumpkin Pies with cream
Not bad, considering the circumstances! The stuffing is almost finished baking and I can't wait to turn off the oven! I'm afraid our evening meal won't be steaming hot, but hot enough, considering this weather!
Bon Appetite to all of you celebrating all over the world. And let me add, I'm thankful for all of you and the gift you are in my life! Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Sounds like a terrific feast!! Wish I could join you. You are amazing...I think with the heat, I would have opted for a barbie on the beach!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment