Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Round Two






Our Ozzie Thanksgiving dinner was a success! Simon loved his Thanksgiving fare, especially the corn on the cob, chicken, and sweet potato casserole (which he called pumpkin pie)! It was so special to have Erin here to share Thanksgiving with- she leaves tomorrow and we all will miss her so much. Simon has just fallen in love with her and calls her "Ennn". I am really sad just thinking about how much he'll miss her (and how much I will miss her too)! We have all become very attached to the lovely Erin O'Donnell.

What else am I thankful for today? My beautiful family. God has blessed me so much with an amazing husband to share my life with; the most beautiful and affectionate little boy to adore; a new life growing inside of me who we will soon meet; a mother and father who have nurtured and cared and served me and loved me so completely; sisters who are my best friends and who I miss always; nephews and nieces and brothers and sisters-in-law and parents-in-law; grandparents; uncles and aunts and cousins; and friends. I am so completely blessed.

My love goes out to all of my family and friends and best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving. Wish we could be with you all, and you too, Dad. We enjoyed Pure Cream on the pumpkin pie tonight and talked about how much you would have loved the real cream.... "mmmmmm, girls! real cream". I can hear your voice right now. I love you Dad. We all love you so much.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Liz, your dinner sounds and looks fabulous. I wish I could have come over the river and through the woods to your house today. Well, I guess it would have been over the ocean and through the bush!

Thanks for posting new pics. You all look wonderful.

Today I am thankful for your sweet, adoring self. I LOVE YOU!

Marge said...

Amazing looking dinner!! And beautiful people around the table. so glad that you had a successful second Thanksgiving celebration. Missed you!!

Cass said...

oh, look at everything .... it looks wonderful! and you're tanned for Thanksgiving .... i'll never get used to your 'upside-down' seasons!

we have my brother here from san diego right now so i had a full dinner last night too, as he missed Canadian Thanksgiving last month. yum from all of us! i made a homemade pie too, with yes, real cream!

{i'm thankful for you too!}