
Simon's lying next to me on the "comfy couch" watching Roary and eating a milk arrowroot biscuit, so I know he's feeling better. He's home sick today with a fever and most of the morning was spent in his bedroom, alternating between dozing and crying out in pain because of a headache (which was exacerbated by Gracie's very loud voice!). He couldn't even get up to watch his very favourite show, the Octonauts! So I'm glad he's on the mend or all the painkillers are kicking in!
A month or so ago Andrew came out of Simon's room after putting him to sleep and shared a special story with my mom and I. I told him to write it down so we'd remember. I'm glad he did because as I write this, I can't for the life of me, remember what it was that Andrew shared.
I'll copy it down now, while I have a moment, so that we won't lose the paper and forget!
Putting Simon to Sleep
Simon had lost a hot wheels car yesterday and I (Andrew) told him that he can pray to God about anything. So we prayed that God would help him find his lost car. I then asked Simon who loved him the most and he said "Jesus". I asked him, "How do you know?" Simon answered, "Because he has the biggest heart." A few minutes later, I then told him I needed to go continue reading my book. Simon asked me what the book was about. I told him it was a book about being a better daddy. Simon responded, "You can just stay with me longer because you don't need to read it."
Ahhh, now I remember. And while I do support Andrew reading books about Fatherhood, I agree wholeheartedly with Simon. Andrew, hats off to you. You are really and truly an incredible father. The kids are so so blessed to have you in their lives. They adore you and I love seeing how much fun you have them. Thanks for giving them this invaluable gift of a committed, loving, playful, kind, hands-on father. I am constantly amazed by how well you know how to parent!
No comments:
Post a Comment