Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday stats






I promise myself, I will get a proper birthday posting up soon, but for now, some stats on Gracie's second birthday.

Height - 3 ft, 1/2 inch or 93 cm.

A friend just told me that you can estimate your child's height by multiplying their height at 2 years, 4 months by 2. So, unless Gracie shrinks (or these things don't really work!), she's going to be well over 6 feet tall. However, the over 6 ft estimate fits well with what one doctor told me early on.
"This girl is going to be TALL. Do you have any TALL people in your family? Like pro basketball player tall?" I think that's at least the 95th %.

Weight- actually, I'm not really sure as our scales are not very accurate which is nice until you step onto the scales at the doctor's office and have an inward moment of freaking out because you've gained 5 kgs since that morning. :) I think she probably weighs close to 30 pounds. We take Simon to the doctor on Wed, so we'll get an accurate height and weight then I guess.... oh, hmmm... maybe that was the reason I was procrastinating on this post?

And Simon came in at 105 cm, which is 3 ft 5.5 inches, which I believe is about the 45th% for height. And on our scales, he's 15.5 kg at the moment. He's returned to school and all the teachers and parents have exclaimed that his legs have just grown so much over the break and that he looks so much taller. I haven't been good at keeping records so I'm not sure if it's true, but he does seem to have VERY long legs. He just got a new pair of white, Adidas sneakers and he loves them. At the store he whispered in my ear, "Mommy, if I have to take these off, I think I might cry!" And he's just been so excited and cute about his new shoes. I am thrilled about them too, b/c for so long he has refused to wear closed shoes and runs around in his crocs which are a bit limiting for running races and become slimy and icky and muddy very quickly :). But then draw back of the white ones is that he (and I) don't want to get them dirty. We had a down pour today and I had to carry both Simon and Gracie into ALDIs because they didn't want to get their shoes soaked and I guess I didn't either!

No comments: