
At the market this Sunday I was late arriving and ended up with a heap of organic turnips, turnip greens, radishes,dill, and parsley for a bargain.
I spent a few hours on Sunday cleaning through it all and trying to make turnip green chips, which unfortunately I managed to burn 2 batches of that. One turned out alright and Simon quite liked it, sprinkled with salt and Splenda! Wishing I had some Kale to try Kale chips.
Yesterday was scalloped turnips for dinner, with dill and garlic, along with a radish, carrot and spinach salad with a dill, garlic and dijon mustard dressing and both were sensational. It felt like we were back in Germany eating outside at one of the farmer's restaurants.
Simon wasn't too happy about the scalloped turnips until we mixed avocado in with it and then he exclaimed that it was delicious and was all hugs and kisses for mummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment