Friday, September 30, 2011

A first.




Okay, so I think this smelling flowers thing is the beginning of a dramatic new Liz. I've discovered that I like "crafting" and yes, have finished my first of (perhaps many) projects.

I saw one of these pegboards at an auction recently and loved it. So I decided to give it a go myself- I've been wanting to use Gracie's wraps in some way to remember her as a baby, so I used this one (a present from her auntie Rachel) on this pegboard which will be a great way to display photos and her artwork.

Gracie seemed to like it. She also liked the free photo shoot I got conned into at the mall today (I thought we'd end up with one free photo but no, we now have an appointment to come in and look at the photos which I must phone and cancel b/c how hard will it be to resist those picys once they are in front of me?!). "Oh come on in for a free pic of your bubbie.... there's no one here right now so you're doing us a favour for advertising." It was pretty fun to see Gracie in an array of pink hats, flowers, and hairbands, sitting in a box and on a pink star catching bubbles. Actually more than fun.. she was freaking adorable and made me realize that every little girl should accessorize every now and then.

The cuter part, however, was hearing her tell her daddy about it when we got home. "Hat. Pink hat. Box. Bubbles. Catch Bubbles. Flower. Hat." I really can not believe her vocabulary, pronunciation, and ability to communicate. She is really talking. And loves books and will accurately tell you almost every picture in a picture book. And if you ask her to find something in a book she always begins, "Ummmmmm....." and then points to the picture with a big smile on her face.

No comments: