

It’s amazing how much fun choosing a DVD can be with a two and a half year old boy. Oh the possibilities!
“Look mommy! Elmo!”
But quickly his excitement turned serious.
“Don’t want this one. It’s a little bit scary, he has funny eyes.”
Then he saw Little Red Tractor,
“Get this one later. Man has funny teeth. Not little red tractor, just man.” According to Simon, half of the cartoon characters at the video shop have funny eyes and funny teeth. He finally settled on a cute race car named Speedy and said,
“Get this one, it’s my favorite one (although he’s never seen it before!) Mommy, what’s his name?"
I told him, "We’ll have to watch and see."
“Oh!!!! Yippee! You like this one. He has happy eyes, and happy teeth too.”
While I was checking out the video Simon wandered over to the candy section and returned with a chocolate in his hand.
"Look mommy, treats!"
Oh no, I thought, be strict. It's almost five o'clock and he really shouldn't have "treats" before bed. Say no.
I braced myself. But he didn’t beg me for it instead he said, “I got this one in my stocking, from mommy, at Christmas. He had gotten that candy – the boy has a crazy, amazing memory that blows us away. We are constantly stunned by what he remembers.
I'm just glad I remembered "funny teeth" because that's too good of insight into my little boy's brain to forget.
2 comments:
So fun to hear of your "adventures" with Simon. Glad that you are able to do some special things with him and that he is so cute in all of the things he comes up with!! Give him a big hug for me!!
Oh how fun!! Thanks for the wonderful commentary of your little guy's adventures.
I love you all.
Post a Comment