Monday, March 22, 2010

Arthur.






Mimi Jane sent Simon some money as a present for becoming a big brother. Simon was very excited to put the money in his "choo choo train" bank and then take a trip to the shops to buy Arthur! He actually went to buy Thomas the Tank Engine but Thomas wasn't at the shops so Arthur it was.

I like making up stories to tell him at night about Dad as a child. They are fictional, but based on things I know about my dad too. So I had been telling him a story about how little Roger would always walk by the shop window after school and dream about buying a train set, and that his mom asked him what he'd like for his birthday and that he said he wanted the train. On his b-day, he received an envelope. he didn't want his mom to know he was disappointed so he said he liked the train card she'd given him. "Open it up" she said, and inside was money to pick out the train of his choice.

So, it was very timely when we received Mimi's check and he said, "I want to go get Thomas!" I showed him Mimi's picture and explained the money was from "Choo Choo train Papa".

3 comments:

Cass said...

soooo glad to hear everyone's back on the mend ... parenting is hard enough without 2 sick kids!!

Marge said...

Both of your last 2 entries were music to my ear!! so glad everyone is doing better...and how fun that Simon was able to enjoy picking out a new "choo-choo" train!! Such cute pictures of him as well!

Judith said...

what a busy little guy!! Love it.