Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad.

Today would have been my dad's 61st birthday. How I miss him. Simon and I chatted about him all day and baked some brownies for his birthday cake and then made pancakes for dinner. And only my dad would be proud of Simon's LOVE of black strap molasses (as good source of iron) and real maple syrup. Simon likes dipping the pancakes into the maple syrup - I didn't realize he knew that word and suddenly he is asking for more of it.


I was very close to taking a trip to Bunnings (our version of Home Depot) to buy Simon a tool - a tradition I'd like to start for Simon on dad's birthday- but with pouring rain and two little ones in tow I decided against it. I guess we'll have to start that one next year!

Dad, you were the best. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to my dear brother Roger. Sounds like a great tradition - celebrating his birthday with tools and "ooh-girls-maple-syrup"!
I remember how my mother kept her Daddy alive for me through the stories she told of him and even though I never met him, still today I feel as though I did know him. I'm sure Simon and Grace will be the same, learning to love Roger through you.