




Yeah! Simon keeps sleeping through the night! I couldn't be more thrilled! It feels like I'm suddenly on vacation! It's amazing how nice it is to sleep. That's what I've been doing lots of lately myself. I often fall asleep with Simon at 7:30 pm and the same thing seems to happen when I put him down for his afternoon nap. Andrew finishes school for this year in two weeks and I am very excited about having 3 very relaxed and chilled out months before our baby arrives. Andrew will still be working at the restaurant, but compared to working and studying, it will feel so relaxed. I've been spoiled!!!
And the past week I've begun swimming and today, did a deep water aerobics class. It feels amazing, after almost 5 months of not being able to exercise at all b/c of all my complications. I am happily surprised that I have not lost my fitness and can still swim a mile. The water feels amazing and it really lifts my spirits too. It works well as there is a creche that I can put Simon into while I swim. Tuesday he was happy as can be in the creche but this morning there were, alas, tears.... It was really hard to leave him, but I did and apparently he stopped crying soon after. I am procrastinating with starting him into day care. We think it'd be good to put Simon in 1-2 mornings a week so that once our little girl is here, I will have a few hours with only one! So, I know I need to do get Simon started soon so he'll adjust before baby arrives, but I'm not ready to face the.... tears!
This morning we had a treat (or Simon and Andrew did!). Donuts and OJ for breakfast instead of our usual muesli. It made me think of my dad and my Papa, who both loved donuts and orange juice for breakfast. I love this simple, sweet memories. I have been so blessed with my family.
Well, I'm being summoned to push cars with Simon. Now Simon's putting his cars down my dress. Lots of fun around here, that's for sure.
Exciting News! Simon just used his potty tonight, for the first time! Andrew was getting him ready for his bath and Simon told him he had to go "pee pee". Andrew undressed him, walked out of the room for a sec, and when he returned, Simon had gone in his little toilet! all by himself without any prompting! We were so excited and so was Simon!
1 comment:
Great Pictures....and comments, Liz! And so exciting about the continued sleep and progress in the bathroom department!
Enjoy the sleep while you can! I love you. Mom
Post a Comment