Saturday, September 19, 2009

Potty Time





Simon's wee'ed in the potty 2 times now! Yeah! Last night he again went to the potty before his bath, and again, he did it when neither Andrew or I was in the bathroom. I'm so excited! Maybe we will get him potty trained before his sister arrives.

It's a beautiful Saturday morning. I'm playing with Simon while Andrew sleeps (he worked really late last night). Then who knows what we'll do today. Maybe a trip to Underwater World and Starbucks (I feel like something American today! Been feeling homesick the last two days). And I plan on having a swim today so that's exciting. The water feels so good these days.

Found out yesterday that I still don't know if I've gotten into the birthing center yet in Brisbane. The obstetricians want to meet with me and do some follow up blood work to find out more about my "unspecified" bleeding disorder, before they allow me into the birth center. So it's good news that there's still a chance I can get in, but I'm also tired of the waiting game. It means waiting for an appointment with an obstetrician in Brisy, and then waiting for blood tests, etc. We'll probably go ahead and meet with a home birth midwife up here, to find out more if that would be a real possibility.

Yesterday Simon and I took a nice, long bike ride to one of my favourite playgrounds. We ran into a family there with a girl Simon's age (2 days older) who had a massive four wheeler (for kids). Well, Simon got to ride on it and he was in heaven. Until he had to get off and then the tears began! There was a big open field so he could really ride it and he steered himself and pushed down the pedal completely on his own. What a proud Mama I was.... my little boy riding a 4 wheeler. Funny the things that make us proud!

Well, Andy's just woken up. He is incredible. Absolutely the best husband and father. He works so hard and always is around for Simon and I and has such joy, too. I love watching him and Simon together. He's up for the Underwater World idea (our annual passes have almost expired so I want to get another visit in!)but Simon's not so keen. He watched a shark video with Johan this summer that has scared him off of sharks and fish. So we'll see how it goes. Maybe have some nice pics to post later today.

Oh, I've included a belly pic but it is about four weeks old- I think I was 19 weeks. I've grown a lot since then so I'll take some more pics soon... I need to get Andrew to help me out and then I'll post em.

No comments: