Thursday, June 10, 2010
God loves a cheerful giver. And so do I.
This morning I showed Simon a letter received from World Vision, asking for money to help buy food for families suffering from hunger in Mozambique. There were pictures and we talked about how these children needed food and that the letter asked if we had any money we could give to help. I asked Simon, "Do you have any money?" "Yes! I have money in my choo choo train bank." "Would you like to give your money to help buy these children food?" And then he immediately ran to his choo choo train bank and said he wanted to give them his money. We counted the many coins- $1.60- and I was so proud that he wanted to give them it all (especially as he's been saving his money for a sweeper attachment for his new John Deere tractor). So we put his money in the envelope and I told him we'd send it away and he was really happy. And so was I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How wonderful -
Good job sharing your passions with your little ones, Liz! And I am so proud of Simon!
Post a Comment