I can't believe it! I've nearly finished completely my application for Australian citizenship! It was surprisingly much easier than I anticipated and tomorrow I hope to round up the necessary supporting documents, have them certified and post my application. Then I wait for my interview and if I successfully pass my citizenship test and the interview,I am scheduled for my swearing in ceremony where I commit my loyalty to this great country. I did a practice test and nearly aced it, so I'm not too worried! :)
My goal was to finalize my application before our baby arrives and I think I'll be able to check that one of the pre-baby to do list! Unfortunately as I was in the middle of completing my application, I noticed that my US passport is set to expire. So I've added another application to my pre-baby list and am Google-ing what needs to be done for that, as I write.
Just over 3 weeks to go! I am excited and nervous.... With Christmas less than a week away and family around the week following Christmas, I know these last three weeks will just fly by. It's been such a wonderful few months - I've really appreciated having Andrew around so much and his support and just enjoying the time as a family, without the stress that comes from being too busy and over committed. Simon has just been amazing these last few months- we're definitely not feeling the terrible two's that many describe- and he just has grown up into such a great little boy - or big boy- as he calls himself. He has finally entered the world of SLEEP! Ahhh.... the bliss of it for us. We can actually go through a bed time routine and then leave the room and he falls asleep on his own, without a peep. And doesn't wake up for at least 10-12 hours. He's also eating a lot better independently and we feel like we can finally sit down and enjoy our meal without cramming it into our mouths as fast as we can while attending to Simon's every need. AND his vocab is just amazing. He is talking so much, singing songs, reciting from books we read, and saying little prayers at night. So, so sweet. So I'm really happy with these big steps we've made before our little girl arrives.
I always think, "I have to write that down and post it in my blog" in response to the funny, clever things Simon says or does, and then I forget to and can't remember any of them! I wish I could share them all with you all - I am getting so excited that my mom will be here for three weeks in January/Feb and that my sister, Rachel, and my sweet niece Sally will be here for a week in February. It will be so nice for them to meet our little girl and also just spend time with Simon. There's absolutely nothing as great as family. I'll be missing Deb and of course, my dad, but how blessed to have Mom and Rachel here so soon.
1 comment:
Way to go, Liz!! You will all be a 2 passport family before long! And I can't wait to see Simon in all of his "grown-upness"!
Post a Comment