Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Model trains, scooters, and Bob the Builder


Andrew, Simon, and I are in Kalbar, enjoying a few days with Grandma and Grandpa. On Sunday there was a special exhibition (with guest appearances by Bob the Builder!) at a train musuem close by in Ipswich. Grandma thought Simon would love it, which he did. Then on Thursday we will go to Brisbane for the launch of Steph's latest biography of Bruce Dawe. Today we're back to the train museum, as we purchased an annual pass. This museum is one of the best children's museums I've ever seen. It was amazing and I'm excited to return, as we barely scratched the surface. Simon could have spent all day watching the model trains. I shed a few tears as I missed my dad so much and wished he was here to enjoy it all with Simon, fellow train enthusiast. So today will likely be another day of thinking about and missing my dad, as we are surronded by diesel engines and interesting facts. A heap of photos of the day, as well as some of Simon racing up and down Grandma and Grandpa's verandah on his scooter and finally, my 29 week old belly!





















3 comments:

Cass said...

oh my goodness - simon must have been in HEAVEN!!!
and you look loverly too, Mumma!

(we received your wonderful gifties - LOVE THEM! - but i've been so waffly in the head and keep forgetting to write and thank you ... your time with two and this mental chaos is coming!)

Marge said...

Great pictures!! I didn't realize that you were still in Kalbar! No wonder you don't answer your phone! Simon looks like he is in train heaven...and looks like he will be moving from scooter to skate board any minute now!
You look great as well! Much love

Rachel said...

Now THERE'S a belly! Hooray! xo