A lot has happened in the few months since I last blogged. I've rediscovered that I am definitely NOT a blogger (kind of knew that already but thought I might change my ways). However I have been frequenting FACEBOOK a bit more so I guess I am not altogether a stranger to cyber relationships. Although, while I love spending my precious few minutes of "free time" looking at old friend's pictures, I find cyber-relating quite unsatisfying.
Okay, so since my last entry, I have also, alas, become an ex-jogger, thanks to a case of overly stretched, inflammed and out of position sacroiliac joints (aka sacroilitis). Apparently you shouldn't run during your pregnancy. So a message to any others out there who think it's fun to run a few miles a few days before delivering a baby - STOP (a new word in my darling 16 month old's blossoming vocabulary!)!!!! You may be left spending $65 a week at the physio and waddling like a duck (ah, why didn't I listen to my mother-in- law when she advised me to get MBA?).
Since running (and the kind of walking I did) is no longer an option, I have taken up swimming for exercise and biking for taxing Simon to the many parks, beaches, and playgrounds we frequent. Simon loved the bike for about a month. Then came Noosa's annual triathlon. I knew Simon would just LOVE watching his fellow bikers zipping past our house (conveniently located on the cycling route of the triathlon), so we were up at 6 am to watch them pass, chairs set up outside our house and pancakes on the griddle. Simon loved it and clapped and clapped and did his little sign language for "more". When he became a bit restless, we decided to bike alongside the racers so Simon could continue his front row coverage of the event. He loved that, too, especially when we blew on his favourite train whistle to cheer the competitors on.
Of course, being the person I am, watching the triathlon got me all excited, and so I decided we should enjoy the rest of our sunny Sunday avo with our own little bike ride. Almost two hours later (after discovering some amazing bike trails and getting lost a few times), Simon had had enough. Unfortunately, it was getting dark so we had to press on.... we'll just say Simon wasn't too happy. For the next two weeks whenever I'd walk towards our bike, he would start kicking and screaming, refusing to get on! But today, ah! He got on the bike again. We biked to the pool, had a little play and then biked around the neighborhood before heading home. I decided not to press my luck so I'm hoping that tomorrow might bring some more cycling fun.
1 comment:
and it will get better, Liz! I love your blogging attempts...keep it up! Mom
Post a Comment