I realized that we rarely spend any time just the two of us. Gracie has been at school this year, which has been really good in so many ways, but it seems when she's home we're socializing (which she loves to do as much as me!), getting together on play dates, or else rushing to get in and out the door. When Simon's around he tends to get more of my attention.
Gracie hasn't been as keen on school lately either. Well, when she's there - when I pick her up- she's having a great time but she's been resistant to going. When everyone's well she goes four days a week, 6 hour days. But the school makes you pay for four 12 hour days so I always like to get my money's worth and don't really like keeping her home if I'm paying.
I decided to talk openly about it to her but wondered if she could understand at her age and if I should just keep these ideas and thoughts to myself. I couldn't believe how well it went! She was so articulate in communicating what she wanted, to go to school still but have more one on one time with me. She said she'd like to go to school three days a week and stay at home two. So easy! I've just had to suck up paying for an extra day and the last 2-3 weeks I've done just that and it has helped our relationship so much! I feel like we've shared a new closeness I'd missed and I'm enjoying her immensely.
Yesterday was her at home day and poor thing, suddenly out of the blue started vomiting! She was so sweet, tears running down her face, but still she stayed so quiet and calm and sweet! I was very proud of her and how well she did being so sick. She is definitely my sweetheart!
No comments:
Post a Comment