Yesterday was mother's day. Andrew worked ten hours, I'm an ocean away from my own amazing mother, Simon and Gracie fought like cats and dogs, and I was completely exhausted. And yet, this is real life, and even when I feel like a broken record, "All I want on Mother's Day is for you two to play nicely and stop interrupting me!" I am so thankful that I am a mother and that I have two children who, despite not listening to me, do show me that they love me in other ways, with their cuddles and kisses, enthusiasm over my cooking, words of affection, and so much adoration (please let me never forget how they pray before each meal, "Thank you for the best, best, best mommy in the whole wide world and this yummy meal she has made us."). I am truly blessed by these three loves of my life - Andrew, Simon, and Gracie - there's nothing in this life greater than being a part of this love.

1 comment:
You ARE the best, best mommy for them ...
Post a Comment