Monday, June 20, 2011

And one for my not so little anymore four year old.




Simon says,

"Mommy, Grandma is the best cook ever. You should watch Grandma cook and then you'll be the best cook ever!" "Hey, and if I watch Grandma cooking, then I can be the best cook ever."

Simon loves,

Working in the garden with grandpa, although it was a bit too brisk and cold on Saturday morning, for his liking.

Making cookies with grandma and licking the bowl.

All of the amazing food at Grandma's this weekend.

Chasing grandpa, daddy, or me around Bob and Steph's house, at least a dozen times, while pushing a dolly pram.

reflecting on Papa while sitting for hours on the toilet.

purple flowers, which he remembers in great detail, that bloom in toowoomba in the spring time.

his remote control car, which has spent much of the past week in time out.

his Tin Top- a gift from Nema for his birthday! Yeah, mom, he's back!!!!

anything sweet to eat. Uh oh, I think that's my fault. and especially chocolate.

routines - his porridge with honey and raisins each morning. must have a different spoon for putting the honey on the porridge and a new one to eat the porridge with. and milk - not soymilk on top.

clean hands, clean shirts. clean is very important to this little boy.

his school and his new friend, Ivan.

It's been great to see Simon thriving this past month and really settling into school. While we have our moments like all four year olds have, I think I'm handling them much better, his tantrums aren't lasting as long, and I think school is providing just the stimulation he needed. It's strange to be in this new stage of independence and separating and I think we're both handling it well. We spend so much less time together but I still get those precious moments of cuddles, affection, and beautiful expressions and words of his love for me. Which I obviously just LOVE.

Love you so so so much my darling little boy, all the way to the moon and back a million million times.

No comments: