Thursday, August 5, 2010

What I love about Grace

  • the way she smiles when I sing anything to her but her very favourite is the itsy bitsy spider
  • the way she always goes for the toilet paper whilst accompanying me to the restroom
  • her patience and graciousness - very rarely demanding anything from anyone but still she lets you know "nobody puts baby in the corner"
  • her big eyes, especially turning to see me when she's in her carseat
  • the way she lights up when the phone rings, tries to grab it and smiles away while I talk
  • the way she will sit and watch me hang up the washing, wash the dishes, or fold laundry
  • the way her hands go everywhere- her inquisitive nature, looking to explore everything around her
  • the way she smiles at everyone and makes immediate eye contact with strangers -she loves a crowd and is a quiet but very social little girl
  • the way she talks most while eating or waiting to be feed
  • the way she opens her mouth for the next bite as soon as I say "open"
  • the way she eats everything, quickly and grunts away
  • the delight in her eyes watching Simon and seemingly not minding his passionate love in the form of tackles, bite/kisses, and bear hugs

and believe me, the way she is sleeping these days (while there is still room for improvement ! :) ) make everything about Gracie that much better.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Thanks for giving us a commentary of that which we can not see!! Makes it easier to picture her...and all that goes on around her. Can't wait to check it out in person!

Judith said...

What I love about Grace: Her wonderful parents!