Thursday, February 25, 2010

The past few weeks are a blur.

My doctor asked me at my 6 week check up yesterday what my routine was- this was in response to me telling her that our perfect little sleeper has been waking every 1-2 hours a night for the past five days straight. Routine? Um... I can't remember. I haven't even had a chance to go get Grace weighed! But look how big she's gotten!






After my mom and sister left a few weeks ago we had about five days of a nice routine, with nothing happening. My friends dropped off meals each day, and Andrew was home for all but one of those days. It was a nice few days of getting settled, enjoying some one on one time with Gracie and getting ourselves sorted. Then came the big event of February - Catherine and David's wedding. I was honored to be a bridesmaid and the wedding was stunning. Absolutely perfect. But the routine has suffered over the last five days, with another big trip away to Byron Bay hinterland and a mild case of mastitis that flared up the night before the wedding!

I'll post some pictures of the beautiful day. It really was perfect. Catherine was so beautiful - Steph said she looked like a greek goddess and I wholeheartedly agree! My favourite part was riding down to the clearing by a creek that they'd chosen for the ceremony. We were in a golf cart "buggy" and Cat was singing the words to an Indian yoga song to calm herself. It was magical - I felt transported to another place and time. And the theme of the wedding - flamboyant- was fabulous as the guests were a sea of bright colours. I loved standing at the front and looking at everyone, my little daughter included who was in her auntie Brenda's - aka the baby whisper- very good care. I also loved seeing Simon running around with the other children at the wedding, his cousins included. The reception was very fun - a huge party- although I didn't enjoy as much of it as would have like to! I told Andrew the next morning, when we were the only ones up at the crack of dawn for the lovely breakfast, "Why did we only get 2 hours of sleep last night and I didn't even have one drink and only danced two songs (Beat It and LaBamba)? Life with a new born and toddler I suppose!" I did however get to watch a bit of the Olympics while I was at the cabin feeding, which was a highlight since we don't have a TV!

Grace is crying... where has my sleeping baby gone?! Enjoy the pics!










No comments: