Saturday, January 23, 2010

My baby is suddenly a big boy







My sister-in-law, Jen, told me to wait and see how much bigger your toddler looks after having a newborn baby. Oh my goodness, was I in for a surprise! Suddenly Simon seems HUGE. I think he is actually going through a bit of a growth spurt, but wow, where has my baby gone? He can suddenly climb up the slide all by himself and swing from the bar at the top of the slide. And how gorgeous is it to see him get all cute and cuddly with little Grace. It appears that he really loves his baby, as he calls her. Tonight as I was putting him to sleep we heard her crying and he said, "Baby's crying." I asked him if I should go get her to stop and he said "uh, huh" to which I replied, "That's a good idea. Mommy's know how to get babies to stop crying but daddies don't always know how to!" And he graciously let me leave the room earlier than usual, without seeming upset about it at all. What a sweetie. It was nice for me to see, as our sweet little angel has been out of joint this week. Thankfully he hasn't taken it out on Grace at all, but I've said more than once this week, "Where has my sweet little baby gone to?" as we've seen more tantrums in the past week than we have in the past few months combined. I'm praying that this phase will pass in a few weeks (or months?) as he learns to accept the many changes in our life. But today was a great day - and sweet baby - er, boy- was back!

No comments: