




I turn 31 a week from today. People always say that the older you get, the faster time flies, which must be true because the past few weeks seem like a blur. We have another house guest - a friend we worked with in Germany- and she will stay with us for several months. Simon fell in love with her immediately and calls her "achh-el" (for Rachel).
Andrew's busy with work and school, and Simon and I have had fun visiting Nama and Baba who were holidaying at the coast for two weeks. They've left now, along with Smokey, the dog they are currently caring for. Simon had a good cry when he said goodbye to Smokey, very cute. Simon's sleeping continues to be a shocker. Last night he woke up every half hour. We were both exhausted today and he just now fell asleep at 6:30 pm. Here's hoping we get a few more hours zzz's tonight.
We had a great night away, at a charming French inspired B&B. Very relaxing, although we did miss our little Simon and found ourselves talking about him most of the day! He did well, however, Grandma and Grandpa did look a bit tired when we picked him up the next day. "He wakes up every hour!" they exclaimed. We were all hoping maybe Grandma would work some magic and that he would sleep blissfully through the night. But, didn't happen. Anyway, we were incredibly grateful for the time away and I think Simon had a great time, too. He just loves his Nama and Baba.
We have construction going on outside of our house, which makes for the perfect afternoon. Today Simon and Andrew saw a trailer unloading and then loading several tractors. Very exciting. And yesterday Simon got to ride in a BIG (He says big so cutely and always opens his arms up to show how big!) digger. He climbed inside, got to sit in the driver seat all by himself, and got the cutest shy look on his face. A tiny smile but when he gets this excited he can't say anything. He just gets this specific look on his face that makes me melt.
Simon continues to rattle off a million new things each day. I sometimes have a hard time deciphering what he's saying but it's fun anyway. My favorite thing that he says is, "Love you , Mama". It's very sweet. He'll also pick me flowers, on his own initiative, and bring them to me and then beam when I get excited.
What else is new? Um, he climbed up our fence today. Then he climbed down and clapped really hard for himself. He also went to a creche for the first time since he was six months old, and happily played for two hours, while I was in a parenting class. When I picked him up he ran to me with the biggest smile and said, "Mama". The daycare staff told me he was the best picker-up'er they'd ever had, as he'd helped them pick up all of the toys with much enthusiasm. This morning I asked him if he wanted to help me vacuum the house. "MMM, HMMM" (that's his yes). "And clean the toilet?" "MMM, HMMM". But then he decided to mop the floor with the toilet brush... yucky!
On a more serious note. A doctor's visit this week revealed the likelihood that our baby has a left club foot. We'll know more in our twenty week scan (I'm 16 weeks). My friend, Cass's, baby was also born with a left club foot, and she's done an excellent job explaining all that has to be done to correct it on her blog. I'm fortunate to already know all about this process, thanks to her blog, which takes away some of the anxiety. Please pray that God would miraculously heal our little one's foot in utero and that there wouldn't be any other problems. Thanks.
Well, that's all for now....I'll close with some photos of our time in the States and also of the B&B we stayed at.
2 comments:
Liz -
What a surprise that last paragraph was to read ... and I'm so glad you chose to share it with us all now. Of course, we do so hope that Baby will be healed and "perfect" now, in utero, but know that everything will be ok if that little funny foot appears.
I'm so thankful that our experience too can hopefully relieve some of your anxiety - though we certainly don't want to minimalize your concern for Baby now and this possibility. I did cry my few tears when we first had to start Henry on his weekly casts but he was remarkable with those and his Boots-n-Bar and yet now his foot looks perfect and he takes to his nightly Boots-wearing easily, not knowing any different.
We love you so much and will pray for you and Baby ... waiting to hear news from your 20 week scan. I'll phone you soon too, when we get home from our hols.
Here's the link to the blog I wrote with the most details about Henry's foot and corrections ... for those here leaving a comment and curious for more information. http://theplumandposy.blogspot.com/2008/11/boy-and-his-funny-foot.html
We will still be away next week, yet I didn't want to forget my "Happy Birthdays"!!!
Hi Sweetie!! Good to hear from you via your blog. Thanks for taking time to keep it updated!! Glad that you have a built-in entertainment center with the construction next door. Knowing how much Simon loves tractors and trucks, that should provide for hours of entertainment! Just hope he doesn't decide to climb all the way OVER the fence!!
I hope to talk with you before your birthday. Love you lots. Mom
Post a Comment