


I came across some photos of Simon taken by Rachel and Darren when we visited them in Chicago last summer. I thought I would post a few. On the home front, Andrew and I have both been incredibly busy and feel like we've fallen off the radar. I've started my practicum and really love it. The kids are gorgeous, my mentor teacher is lovely, and so far, I'm really enjoying teaching. But the "part-time" load feels anything but part-time, with my placement two days a week and then trying to find time to do all the work for uni and school. Andrew's had a heavy load this semester, too, so we're doing our best to manage and not neglect our darling. Right now Andrew is sitting next to me, with a 2L of Pepsi max, ready to pull an all-nighter... we'll see how he goes!
Had a good day today with a long chat to my sister in law, Jen, living in Canada and my darling little niece, Ella (also in Canada). Ella is just gorgeous and has been an amazing big sister to little Cassidy, who was born a little over a month ago. Also gorgeous. So hearing her giggle was a highlight of the day!
We're super excited about the weekend. We're off to Mt.Tamborine on Thursday night for the annual Easter convention we've attended the past several years. Most of Andrew's family goes and so it has become a wonderful family tradition. The speaker this year is Andrew's former principal from Tauernhof and an incredible teacher. And of course, the food is always amazing... not to mention there's a cheese factory a km from the retreat center that specializes in goat's cheese... I'm asking for cheese from the Easter bunny this year!
We'll spend the following week at Bob and Steph's. We're also really looking forward to that! I love time at Kalbar and will be good to have the chance to really hit the assignments in a peaceful setting! Simon has really taken to Grandma - especially her bubble blowing ability, so he should be very happy, too.
Well, Happy Easter, if you don't hear from me before then. Been missing my family - - heaps but staying so busy that there hasn't been much time for emotions. Keep us all in your prayers as the grief journey continues.
4 comments:
oh love the new/old photos of S-boy ... and the gorgeous header photo of you two!
life in the S-L household always sounds full and busy ... it exhausts me just trying to keep up with your work/social calendar! thanks for calling last week, was so good to talk to you!!
love and hugs to all!
Ooh I love reading your stuff Lizzie, was so awesome chatting to you. And the photos are amazing, I second that. The header photo is STUNNING!!!
Love you lots xoxox
What a beautiful lead photo - absolutely gorgeous subject matter captured so well.
I love you so much.
Thanks, Liz, for helping us all keep up with you guys! I love your pictures and your posting...and all of you. Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment