It's 10:36 pm, and I've decided that I need a study break.
Simon and I had a great day. It's rare that we spend the entire day together, just the two of us. I was talking to a friend and we were both comparing our busy social schedules, finding it hard to come up with a time to get together. I think every day of the week I have something on. My new year's resolution is to limit my social activities to one per day, and to try to have at least one day with no running around.
So anyway, Simon and I had the whole day. In the morning we walked along the river, into Tewantin, did some errands and then played at a park. Simon especially loved sitting on a jetty and feeding the fish below old bread. He kept trying to eat the moldy bread, though, so we had to go by the store and get him some of his own.
In the afternoon we drove to another playground that I had heard about from one of my friend's who also goes on "playground hunts". Simon liked it but LOVED the pond nearby. His latest favourite book is called "Goodnight my duckling" and the pond we visited looked exactly like the one in the story book. We fed about 15 ducks and 10 birds Simon's crackers, and Simon kept imitating the ducks honking sounds. When he ran out of food to throw, he stood up tall and started making a throwing motion and shouting , "Drow.. drow..." Then we walked around the pond and explored the banks edges. There were picturesque wooden bridges and lily pads, and it took me back to feeding the ducks at the library pond in CT with Mimi Jane. When we had to go Simon started saying "turtle" and making a "where is it" gesture. His favourite character in the story book about the duck is the turtle who saves the duck who gets lost. He was intent on finding the turtle, as he knew it had to be there, since it was on every page of the story book. I love seeing those connections happening in his brain.
Okay, my five minute study break is up.... better get back to it.
2 comments:
How cute!
Good thing I checked...Fun to catch up on Simon things!! Sounds like you are having a good time together. Love, Mom
Post a Comment