Friday, December 19, 2008

Simon says "poo poo".



This weekend Simon learned a few new vocab words.
I was in the middle of changing Simon's dirty diaper and asked him, "What's in your diaper?" to which he replied, "pooh, pooh". Very clever as yep, there was pooh pooh in it! He then got the cutest grin on his face and repeated several times, "pooh, pooh".

Later that weekend, while I was talking on the phone to my darling niece, Ella, Simon started saying "yalla". He was very pleased with himself, and I think Ella was too as she adores Si Si.

Other new words included,
door,
blue,
and dar (for car)

And rats, I've already forgotten the others! That's why I'm blogging! Because I can't remember things from one moment to the next. I can't imagine how I'll remember anything in a few years time! So hopefully this will serve as a great keepsake! Sorry, Simon, your baby book is totally empty but you'll have this blog to look forward to! (Maybe it's a good thing that my sacrum has ended my running career. I think I might actually be a blogger after all!)

Simon's language is really starting to take off. I'm hoping that in a month's time, when we see my mom, Simon will be able to communicate a lot more. It will be so fun to find out what's going on inside that clever little brain of his!

Yesterday I took Simon to a swimming pool that we rarely go to. The last time he was there was about two months ago, and I had put him into their creche, while I had a swim. It was his second time ever to be in a creche setting (the first time was at 11 months and he lasted fifteen minutes before going into hysterics for "mama"), but he did pretty well and lasted 25 minutes this time. Anyway, there was a huge stack of cars and trucks that he had enjoyed playing with while he was in the creche.

So, we got to the pool yesterday, and it was so hot, so the water felt amazing. But Simon wasn't thrilled to be in it and keep saying "trac-tor". He talks about trucks a lot, so I figured he was just thinking about trucks, but he was persistent and it seemed like he was trying to tell me something, as he kept pulling on me. So I told him to take me to where he wanted to go in the pool (there were several pools for kids). Well, he takes my hand, gets out of the pool and walks over to where the creche center was, and pointed to it, and says, "trac-tor". I couldn't believe he'd remembered all the toy trucks! Unfortunately the creche was closed and so I told him the trucks had gone home to sleep. This answer definitely didn't satisfy him and he started to cry! He really does love his trucks.

No comments: